Soy Nuggets Pilaf | Nutrela Pilaf | Gluten-Free Meal recipe. A step-by-step recipe with pictures. A beautiful, aromatic, spice rich and easy-to-prepare Pilaf recipe. Easy 3 step recipe to assemble. Enjoy a High-protein meal in just 1 hour.
Why Soy Nuggets?
Soy is full of polyunsaturated fats, proteins, and omega 3 fatty acids. They are also rich in calcium and iron while providing no extra sugar or sodium to the body. Soy chunks can efficiently lower the levels of bad cholesterol in the body and protect the heart from ailments.
Try an add a little soy to your diet. High protein diet: A 100 gram serving of soya chunks or soya nuggets contain 52.4 grams of protein. Proteins are the building blocks and should be consumed in moderation. If you are a vegetarian, then soy is a must add to your diet.
Learn how to make the best Soya Nugget Recipes:
- Soybean Curry |Soya Aloo Matar | Nutrela Chunks
- Nutrela broken wheat Fritters-how to make soy chunks and daliya fritters
How to Soya Nuggets Pilaf | Biryani?
- Prepare Soy Nuggets gravy.
- Boil Rice
- Assemble Pilaf / Biryani.
Begin by: A) Soaking the rice. Soak the Soya Nuggets. B) Chop 1 big potato in cubes and 2 -3 eggplant (long ones) into cubes (optional), 1 big onion lengthwise- put this onto a baking tray greased with oil for 20-25 minutes in the oven on grill option with both elements on. The grilled onions replace the fried ones in this recipe. Making it a little less calorie. Will use these grilled onions at the time of assembly of pilaf (Last step). C)Grind 1 onion to paste, 4 tomatoes +4 garlic cloves + 1.5-inch ginger to puree together. Rest of the process in the Recipe box below.
This Pilaf goes best with Raita:
- Aloo Raita | Perfect Indian condiment
- Cucumber Raita recipe | Kheera Raita recipe
- Boondi Raita recipe | How to make the best Boondi raita
Other Popular Biryani | Pilaf |Rice recipes on the Blog:
- Kathal Biryani | Jackfruit Biryani
- Vegetable Pilaf | Veg Pulao in a Cooker &; Ready in 15 minutes
- Black pepper rice/Pilaf -Kali Mirch
- Paneer Dum Biryani in the Oven| How to make Biryani in oven
- Paneer Biryani | Authentic Mughlai Biryani |Easy everyday recipe
- Chicken Dum Biryani
- Vermicelli Upma/ Semiya Upma/ Vermicelli Pilaf
- Chana Dal Khichdi | Spiced Lentil Rice
- 1 cup basmati rice 200 gm
- 4 cloves/long
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cups water to boil
- 1 cup soy nuggets small
- Begin by: Soak the rice and soy nuggets in separate bowls and keep them aside for 15-20 min. putting 1 onion cut lengthwise greased with oil into the oven to grill (both elements on) for 20 minutes. This will grill while you go on making the soy nuggets. We need this at the end while assembling the rice. We are replacing the fried onions with grilled onions. Ready two milk bowls of 2 tbsp milk each. One mixed with yellow colour and one with orange.
- Chop 1 potato in cubes, grind 1 onion to paste, grind 4 tomaotes+4 garlic cloves +1" ginger to paste.
- Heat oil, add all whole spices: jeera, dry red chili, fennel powder, bay leaf, cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon. Add onion paste and cook until golden brown. ( Add green chili if you so desire). Add all the spices and little water along. Mix well and wait till oil separates. Once the oil separates, add tomato puree (tomato+garlic+ginger). Cook for 2 min.
- Add tomato and soy nuggets (drain the water before adding).Cover and cook for 2-3 min. Then add 2 tbsp tomato puree. Cover again and cook till oil separates. Then add 2 tbsp thick curd. Mix well and add brinjal/eggplant pieces. Cover and cook for 5-10 min. Keep this simmered and begin boiling the rice.
- Heat water. Add salt and whole spices. Bring to boil. Add the soaked rice (without the water, drain the rice first). Let this boil on medium heat until done. Keep checking, we do not want overcooked. You can even check by eating 2-3 grains, if it sticks to your teeth and hard, then it needs more cooking. Once done , drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- Take half of the soy nuggets dry gravy in another bowl and let the rest remain in the kadhai you cooked. Now we begin assembly.
- The first layer, Soy nugget. Second Layer: Rice + pudina/mint leaves+ kesar essence. Third layer: Soya Nuggets remaining curry. spread evenly. Fourth Layer: Cover with rice evenly. Fifth Layer: Yellow milk + orange milk +coriander leaves+ garam masala (1 tsp sprinkle-optional) +Mint leaves + Grilled onions.
- Cover and put this on a Tawa on low flame. Press with a heavy object on top to ensure the steam doesn't release from any side. Keep this on dum for 5-10 min. In case you do not have a proper lid, you may put the dough ring on the edge and seal.
- Serve hot with your favorite raita and pickle and papad.
That rice sounds so delicious. The aroma must be amazing. I don’t cook with soy, but this does sound interesting.
This looks so flavorful and healthy! I haven’t ever used soy nuggets, so I will have to look for some.
This rice looks irresistible and so flavorful! I cannot wait to try it! I love the idea of soy nuggets, it’s definitely the cherry on the cake. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe!
Lauren Michael Harris says
I have never heard of soy nuggets before, but what a great way to add some vegetarian protein to this delicious rice recipe!
Biryani is my favorite rice dish!! I’d never heard of soy nuggets, they look like the perfect way to increase the protein levels and turn the dish into a meal. Since soy products are usually good at soaking up flavors, I bet they carry all the delicious spices of your recipes to perfection! 😍
This rice dish looks so flavorful! I have not cooked with soy nuggets before and cannot wait to try this!
Loving this healthy vegetarian recipe! So easy to put together and a great source of protein.
Ooh, interesting idea! I’ve never seen anything like this. I’ve got to give it a try!
I love to make pilaf when I need a solid side. I sometimes eat it as a main, too, it’s good either way. Yours looks absolutely mazing!