Soybean |Soya Aloo Matar | Nutrela Chunks recipe. An easy, simple, and popular North Indian Lunch and Dinner dish. Learn how to make this delicious gravy dish in under 30 minutes.
A delicious meal in itself. Perfect for Lunch as well as Dinner. Can be served with Rice or Chapati. Or can have as a full meal itself with salad and curd by the side. A popular north-Indian dish. A staple in our house.
We prefer to have it with Jeera Rice or Tandoori roti. Tandoori roti and rice compliment Soy Aloo matar perfectly. This is one of the many Punjabi dishes fixed on our weekly menu. I also call it Vegetarian- Meat Dish. Its flavors are very similar to a Meat gravy dish.
It may be just another onion-tomato gravy-based recipe, but the flavors are simple and delicious. This fail-proof recipe will never disappoint you. This can be served on semi-formal occasions along with a few other party recipes like follows:
- Aloo Wadiyan- A punjabi delicacy
- Pindi Chole recipe | Pindi Chana Masala | Easy pindi chana recipe
- Shahi Aloo Gobi | Cauliflower Curry |How to make the best Shahi Gobi at home
- Shahi Paneer | Makhni Paneer |Restaurant Style Shahi Paneer
- Dal Makhani/ Makhani Dal- 30 minutes Meal
- Nadru Ke Kabab /Lotus Stem Kabab in Makhani Gravy
- Aloo Raita | Perfect Indian condiment
- Langarwali Dal | Temple Dal | Langar Dal |How to make lentil made at the Indian Temples
- Vegetable Pilaf | Veg Pulao in a Cooker – Ready in 15 minutes
This recipe is served best with Boondi Raita and Jeera Rice / Tandoori roti.
If you like our recipes, do leave a comment below.
|4 ppl||10 min|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|30 min||10 min|
A perfect gravy vegetarian gravy dish prepared with soy chunks and potatoes. Flavors match that of your favorite mutton curry.
- 1 cup soy chunks small
- 2 medium onions pureed
- 5 small Tomatoes pureed with ginger
- 2 inch ginger or 2 tbsp paste
- 1 tbsp cumin jeera
- 1 tsp kasoori methi /Fenugreek leaves
- 2 tsp salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder/Degi Mirch
- 2 tbsp coriander powder/ Dhania Powder
- 1 tsp garam masala five spice powder
- 2 tbsp ghee leftover khoya leftover from ghee made at home (optional)
- 2 bsp mustard oil/Refined oil
- Dhania/coriander leaves garnish
- 4 small Baby potatotes with skin (nicely washed)
- Soak the Soy chunks/Nutrela in water after washing once. Keep aside till gravy is ready. In a pressure cooker: Heat 2 tbsp oil. Add jeera. Let it splutter and then add the onion puree.
- Cook until golden brown. Then add a little water and the khoya(ghee residue) . Khoya is optional if you have you may add otherwise skip. If you do not have the khoya then add 2 tbsp thick beaten curd.
- Add all the spices plus kasoori methi and cook on simmer until oil separates. Add a little water if needed to avoid sticking at the bottom.
- Once the oil separates. Add the ginger+tomato puree. Cook until the water is dry a bit. Add the green peas and chopped potatoes, simmer and cover. Cook till oil separates again. This will take 5-9 minutes approximately.
- Now add the soy chunks and mix well. Cook on high flame for 1 minute. Then add 2 cups of water for gravy and close the lid.
- Cook on high flame for 1 whistle. Then simmer and cook till 2 more whistles. Shut the flame and let the steam release on its own.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Rice or Chapati.
Leave a Reply