Vegetable Pilaf | Veg Pulao in a Cooker. The best recipe when you have less time but want a delicious meal on the table. Served best with Raita, papad, pickle, and butter. Can be served with Aloo Raita, Dal Makhani/ Makhani Dal- 30 minutes Meal, and your favorite salad.
This Vegetable pilaf | Veg pulao is served best with Aloo Raita, Lemon Pickle, Makhani Dal, Shahi Paneer , Kadhai Paneer, Langarwali Dal | Temple Dal | Langar Dal |How to make lentil made at the Indian Temples.
Rich and delicious flavors of the Vegetable Pilaf goes perfect at Lunch and dinner. Other than the above accompaniments, it can be served with Pindi Chole, Punjabi Aloo wadi, Besan ki Sabzi/ Gatte ki sabzi, Punjabi Chicken curry, Butter Chicken, Dal Palak, Rajma Masala.
For a perfect thali, serve this Veg Pulao, Aloo raita, papad, and Boondi Salad.
This is a perfect meal in itself. The sweet and tangy flavors of Aloo Raita really compliment the spicy flavors of this vegetable pilaf.
- 1.5 cup basmati rice 1 cup =200 gms
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 long/cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seed jeera
- 1 black cardamom
- 8-10 small onion use sambar onions ,slit into half
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom powder or 3-4 green cardomoms
- 2 tbs Desi Ghee/ Clarified Butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp dried pudina leaves
- 4 tbsp cilantro / green coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1.5-2 tsp Black Salt /kala Namak adjust to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder adjust as per taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala five spice powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- 2-3 medium Tomatoes finely chopped
- 3-4 Baby potatotes with skin
- 1 carrot cut into long or small pieces
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 6-7 cashews
- 10-12 Raisins
- 3-4 pistachio
- 7-8 Almonds
- 1.5 cup water to cook
- Wash the rice 3-4 times and soak in water till the time to be added to the cooker. Now, In a pressure cooker (5 liters capacity) heat ghee. Add bay leaf, long/cloves, jeera, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon stick. Saute for a few seconds and then add onions.
- On a medium-high flame, saute the onions till golden brown.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add the baby potatoes and cook till half-done. You may cook on simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Now, add the tomatoes, carrots, and ginger paste. Add all the dried fruits also. Cook on simmer again covered for 2 minutes. Add all the spices and cook for 5 minutes on simmer.
- Now, add the rice and mix well.
- Add 1.5 cups of water. On top sprinkle some dried pudina leaves and coriander leaves. Close the lid.
- On high flame, cook till 1 whistle. Then simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes and close the flame.
- Do not open yet. Let the steam release on its own. This will take 2-3 min.
- Open the lid, mix the rice softly. Do not mix harshly, as the rice breaks and loses its texture.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
This pilaf is incredibly flavorful with so many delicious ingredients. In spite of that, it comes together so quickly! Delicious!
Bernice Hill says
Absolutely stunning dish. My family loves colourful food with lots of flavour so I’ll be sure to make this for them very soon.
Veronika Sykorova says
This looks really tasty! I love pilaf and anything that is mixed together into one delicious dish like that! Definitely trying this on the weekend!
Well isn’t this dish beautiful? So colourful and full of flavour, easy to make and perfect to take in your lunch box the following day!
What a delicious-looking dish! I love the ginger paste and I couldn’t pass up giving it a try with all those nuts in it. This would be the perfect side for any meal!
I love all the varieties of pilaf! I like that your version is vegetarian, as I try to eat more plant based meals!
I am a sucker for pilaf and this one has such amazing flavors. Making this for Meatless Monday!
Moop Brown says
This pilaf looks great and combines so many tasty flavors and ingredients. Can’t wait to try making this one!
Loreto and Nicoletta says
This dish has everything I love. All those spices, and veggies, all cooked with the rice. I can already smell the aroma of this dish! My mouth is just watering!😋👍
I love pilaf recipes a lot and this sounds like one I would really like. Judging by the ingredients, this must be an incredibly flavorful pilaf. And it’s also vegan! I will definitely be trying this recipe!