Paneer Dum Biryani in the Oven| How to make Biryani in oven. The step-by-step process with pictures. An easy-to-follow recipe with step-by-step pictures. A popular and healthy Indian delicacy “Paneer Dum Biryani” cooked in the Oven. Learn how to make Biryani in the Oven easily. Served best with Dal Makhni, Cucumber Raita, and Boondi salad +pickle.
There are various ways you can cook Biryanis. You can check out other ways to cook Biryani on the links below.
Also, the best Accompaniments with Biryanis are :
Punjabi Chicken Curry
- Butter Chicken
Mixed Pickle-Carrot/Turnip/Cauliflower pickle
The 3-Step Process | Hoe to make the Paneer Dum Biryani in the Oven?
Paneer cubes marinated in delicate and thick marination prepared with thick curd and spices.
Assemble the 95% cooked rice layered with rich and aromatic marinated Paneer and brown onions. With a splash of yellow-colored milk drops, which gives the biryani its lovely white-orange-yellow color.
Bake the Biryani in the Oven covered nicely at 150-60 degrees C.
Flavor: The flavors match the Restaurant style Dum Biryani from any of your favorite restaurants.
Just follow the steps accurately in the recipe to get the perfect flavors.
Essentials You Will Need:
- Measuring spoons and cups.
- An 8- inch Glass or nonstick pan. If you use a metal pan then please line it with butter paper or parchment to avoid sticking at the bottom.
- Deep Pan for marination.
- Aluminum foil and lid to cover.
|6 ppl||15 min|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|30-35 min||20 min|
An easy-to-follow recipe with step-by-step pictures. A popular and healthy Indian delicacy "Paneer Dum Biryani" cooked in the Oven. Learn how to make Biryani in the Oven easily.
- 400 gms cottage cheese / paneer
- 2 cup curd / dahi
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp green chili paste optional | Adjust as per taste preference.
- 1.5 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp garam masala five spice powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder/ Dhania Powder
- 1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi /Fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp dry mango powder / amchoor powder
- 1 tbsp khus-khus /poppy seeds soaked in water , then sieved.
- 1 tbsp Desi Ghee/ Clarified Butter
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 6-7 mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 lemon juice
- 2.5 cup basmati rice 1 cup = 200 gms
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5-6 Black peppercorns
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 2-3 green cardomom
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 small javitri
- 3-4 cloves/long
- 1 tbsp mustard oil/Refined oil
- 4 cups water to boil
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Fried brown onions 3-4 big onions can make 1/2 cup fried onions
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 drops yellow colour food colour
- 1 drop kevra/kesar essence optional
- Take Paneer cubes, add dahi, add spices.
- Add fried onions, Lemon juice, ghee.
- Add coriander +mint leaves and Ginger garlic paste. Mix well and leave this covered for 20 min. ( Add green chili paste if you opt to add)
- Take Rice, wash it 2-3 times. Sieve the water. Boil water in another pan. Add all whole spices 1 tbsp refined oil. Bring to boil. Add rice. Check after 5-6 min. Once the rice is 90-95 % done, Sieve the water and keep the rice aside. You may remove the whole spices now if you do not like or prefer to come in your mouth later.
- Pre-heat the Oven to 16 degrees C.
- LAYER 1: Rice. In a Glass baking dish, layer the Rice first. In 1/4 cup milk add 2 drops of yellow colour and sprinkle 1-2 tsp of this water on this layer of rice. Then add fried onions. Add all of the marinated paneer cubes. Add 1 tbsp ghee. Add some coriander rleaves.
- LAYER 2: Cove with another layer of rice. Again sprinkle yellow milk. Add remaining fried onions. Add ghee. Sprinkle some Kesar essence now if you opt.
- Add chopped cashew nuts. Add mint and coriander leaves. Cover with foil and with a lib.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 30-35 minutes. Please check after 15 min as different ovens differ in temperature. Mine took 35 minutes.
- Leave it for 5 minutes covered.
- Serve hot with Cucumber raita, salad, and green coriander chutney.
Served best with Cucumber Raita + Salad+ Green chutney +
Leave a Reply