Shahi Aloo Gobi | Cauliflower Curry |How to make the beat Shahi Aloo Gobi at home. Is a recipe that is easy to make but has those royal flavors right in your home kitchen.
Shahi Aloo Gobi is a traditional, delicious recipe of Gobi/Cauliflower with rich Mughlai flavors. This is a vegetarian and vegan recipe. A dish with rich flavors made with gobi (Cauliflower), aloo(potato), and some rich Indian spices.
This is an heirloom recipe. My mum used to make this for special occasions and parties. As mostly the menu used to be Indian and this dish was indispensable. We still fondly remember those days and the finger-licking good taste.
This Cauliflower curry /Shahi aloo gobi recipe is packed with flavors, super comforting , vegan, and simply the best aloo gobi recipe. A popular Indian dish with robust Mughlai flavors and cooked in a gravy made with onion, tomato, and some rich spices.
Thinks to remember to make the best Shahi Aloo Gobi recipe:
- Buying fresh Gobi/cauliflower is the best as fresh vegetables always give the best flavors.
- Just take out all florets by hand and do not cut the florets in between to avoid crumbling.
- Fry the florets and cubed potatoes in advance for the best flavors and presentation of the dish.
- The use of cream in the gravy/curry is optional. I have made a dry gravy and vegan so have not used any cream for garnish. But if you wish you may add 1-2 tbsp of cream in the gravy if you so like.
- Use Mustard oil preferably. It gives the best color and flavor to the dish. But in case you do not use mustard oil for some reason than any flavorless oil or Desi ghee can be used.
- Use Tomato puree for the best results. If in case you prefer homemade, puree 2-3 fresh tomatoes and sieve the same.
How to make Shahi Aloo Gobi:
- Soak the Cauliflower /Gobi in water for 5-10 minutes. Then separate all florets as per their respective size and keep aside.
- Discard the branches, but use the stem. The stem has good flavor. Just peel the outer cover and chop the center.
- Chop the potatoes in a similar size.
- Ready 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- For spices: salt, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, amchoor powder, jeera powder, turmeric powder. Whole spices like cloves, cinnamon, kasoori methi.
- Steps: As given under in the recipe.
A few other authentic Punjabi/ North Indian / Shahi recipes you may like:
- Dal Makhani
- Aloo wadian.
- Matar Paneer.
- Langarwali Dal.
- Aloo Choliya / Green chickpeas Gravy
- Shahi Paneer.
- Punjabi Chicken Curry.
- Punjabi Kadi Pakora.
- Chicken Biryani.
- Paneer Biryani/ Mughlai Recipe