Veg Lentil Brinjal Pie | Gluten-free | with Vegan Variation. An easy Step-by-Step Recipe with pictures. Healthy dinner or Lunch recipe. With the goodness of vegetables and milk protein. This crust-free Pie recipe is a Low-cal and low-carb recipe. Also, to make it vegan, just replace the Milk with Coconut milk.
More Pie recipes with and without crust :
- Pumpkin Pie -Savory Recipe | Gluten-Free | with millet flour
- Healthy Spinach Quiche with wholewheat and no cheese
- Spinach and Mushroom Pie- Crust free.
Veg Lentil Brinjal Pie | Gluten-free | with Vegan Variation recipe is an easy-to-make and assemble pie. It has potatoes, beans, carrots, milk ( dairy or coconut ), brinjal. The Base is potatoes and no flour crust. Making it low-carb and good for digestion.
Some Popular Baked recipe on the Blog:
- SAMOSA-BAKED RECIPES | Vegan recipe
- Dal Pakwan-Baked recipe | Sindhi Snack | Low Fat | Vegan
- Moong Dal Kachori-Baked| Khasta Kachori-Baked
- Dal Baati Churma | Baked |Lesser Calories
Ideal Dinner recipe. Served best with Cheesy garlic bread or plan butter toasted bread.
Some other simple Indian Dinner recipes on the Blog:
- Paneer Dum Biryani in the Oven| How to make Biryani in oven
- Cajun Potato | Cajun Spiced Potato | With Homemade mayonnaise and cajun spice| Barbeque Nation style
- Malai Kofta in white gravy recipe |Malai Kofta gravy restaurant-style |With and without paneer
- Pindi Chole recipe | Pindi Chana Masala | Easy Pindi chana recipe
- Langarwali Dal | Temple Dal | Langar Dal |How to make lentil made at the Indian Temples
- Butter Chicken
Easy and Healthy Dessert recipes to go along:
- Gujiya -Baked | How to make Baked Mawa gujiya with milk powder
- Meethi Seviyan | Sweet Vermicelli – With Jaggery-with Vegan option
- Gulab Phirni / Rose Phirni/Rose Rice Pudding
- Aval Payasam |Poha Kheer | Poha Kheer with Jaggery
- Whole-wheat Banana Almond Marble Cake
- 4 small Brinjals sliced in circle. marinated.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp haldi
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp besan
- 2 medium Chopped onions white
- 2 small carrots cut in half and then sliced
- 1 green capsicum
- 200 gms french beans
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp maida or Potato starch or Rice flour if making completely gluten free.
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Pizza seasoning/ Oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Slice potatoes, Cut beans, carrots, chop tomatoes, white onions, capsicum, and coriander. keep 3 cheese cubes aside. Soak moong sabut dal in water for 1/2 hour and boil it for 3 whistles on simmer. Slice the small brinjal in circles and marinate with ( 2 tbsp Besan +salt+red chili powder +haldi powder+garam masala)
- For Base: Slice the potatoes in circles, apply salt, then shallow fry and place them in the baking pan. Grate some cheese over it.
- Heat oil, add garlic. Add onions fry for 2 min. Add beans and carrots. Cover and cook till soft.
- Add tomatoes and all spices. Add a little water to avoid burning. Add the dal water (used to boil dal).
- Milk Slurry: 1 cup milk + 1 tbsp cream +1 tbsp cornflour/maida +1/2 salt +1 tsp sugar +pizza seasoning +black pepper). Add this slurry to the pan. Mix well. Once thick shut flame. keep aside. Fry (pan fry) the marinated brinjals on both sides. keep aside.
- Pour the veggie mix over the potato layer in the pie dish. Place the fried brinjals on top. Grate cheese as per your taste on top. Bake at 160 degrees C for 20-25 minutes. You may add mozerella cheese also.
Leave a Reply