Moong Dal Phulki Chaat Recipe | No-Fry | Gluten-Free | Ready in just 15-Minutes is an easy-to-make, quick snack/chaat recipe. Ready in just 15 minutes. A step-by-step recipe with pictures. It’s a Gluten-Free and low Cal recipe. Moong dal phulki are fried moong dal / Yellow Lentil dumplings mixed with spices and served with chutney or as chaat dipped in yogurt and garnished with Coriander-Mint Chutney, Sweet Tamarind Sauce | Khatti Meethi Imli Chutney.
This is a Low-Fat recipe. The Moong Dal Phulkis are NO-FRY. These Moong Dal Phulki’s are made in appe pan with minimal oil. Soft Moong dal Phulkis in appe pan dipped in yogurt topped with sauces and garnish with Namkeen, ginger, salt, and chaat masala.
- What is Moong Dal Phulki | Moong Dal Pakora?
- How to make Moong Dal Phulki in 15-Minutes?
- Other Popular Chaat Recipes on the Blog.
What is Moong Dal Phulki | Moong Dal Pakora?
The most Popular Chaat in All-over India is: Dahi Bhalla. Dahi Bhalla, Dahi Vada has many names and variations. Dahi Bhalla is made with Urad Dal. Soaking Urad dal for 12 hours, then grinding it to paste. Beating it to fluffy stage, leaving it for a while to rest and then Frying it. Again resting it dipped in water. Its is vertainly a tiring and long process. Where you have to wait to relish your favourite dish and satisfy your cravings.
This recipe is however a pleasant surprise. It’s Ready in just 15 Minutes. Matches the flavors of Dahi Bhalla. Is lighter to digest, because its made with Moong dal instead of Urad dal. Needs no Frying, Fermenting, Beating, Wating for long hours. It’s Easy work. So, how about learning how to make this amazing quick Dahi Phulki Recipe?
How to make the Moong Dal Phulki recipe in just 15-minutes?
To make these delicious, sweet and tangy, easy recipe you just need a few ingredients. Also, what makes it super-quick to make is the use of Moong Dal Flour instead of Moong dal. Originally, you need to soak the moong dal for 5-6 hours. Then grind and beat and leave it to rest. The time taken is reduced by using Moong Dal Flour instead of Moong dal.
No need to soak, so you can right away, mix the flours and spices and condiments and mix well. Beat for 3-4 minutes to incorporate some air in the batter. And pour the batter into Appe Pan cavities to make these amazing phulkis.
- Mixing rice flour into the batter ensures the batter gets a bit lighter and the phulkis to be a bit crisp on the outside. When you later soak these into your creamy curd, you will get the best flavor. Even better than Dahi bhalla.
- Beating the batter after adding soda bicarb, helps air enter the batter. Making it light and fluffy. So when you cook them they will rise.
- Add Navratan Namkeen or All-in-one Namkeen by Haldiram or any other brand. It gives a nice crunchy texture and a bit of spice to balance the creamy, soft sweet flavors of the dahi phulki.
Other Popular Snacks on the Blog
|18 pieces||5 min|
Moong Dal Phulki Chaat Recipe | No-Fry | Gluten-Free | Ready in just 15-Minutes is an easy-to-make, quick snack/chaat recipe. Ready in just 15 minutes. A step-by-step recipe with pictures. It's a Gluten-Free and low Cal recipe.
- 1 cup Moong dal flour 200 gms.
- 50 gms rice flour around 1/4th cup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder/ bhuna jeera
- 1 tsp Ajwain/ Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Soda-bi-carb
- 1 tbsp Desi Ghee /oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water for consistency. Add more in case needed.
- 1.5 cup curd / dahi
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cream Full fat or 25% fat
- 2 tsp caster sugar or powder sugar
- 1/4 cup Haldiram All in one Namkeen or Navratan Mixture
- 3-4 tbsp Sweet tamarind sauce
- 3-4 tbsp Coriander mint sauce
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 4 tbsp Grated onion for garnish
- 2 pinch salt for garnish
- 2 pinch chaat masala for garnish
- 1 pinch red chili powder for garnish
- 2 pinch cumin powder/ bhuna jeera for garnish
- In a bowl, Add moong dal flour, rice flour, onions and salt. Mix.
- Add red chili powder, ajwain, bhuna jeera/ roasted cumin powder, and Ginger powder/saunth.
- Add Haldi/turmeric, Soda-bi-carb, and ghee. Add little water gradually and make a thick batter. (Consistency: when you take a spoon out it should fall slowly. Flowy but thick. Beat the mixture with a spoon for 5 minutes to make it fluffy.
- Heat an appe pan, grease wiht ghee. Pour the batter in each cavity. Simmer and cover till done. Then topple all the appe's over and cook on the other side. Cook on simmer only to ensure they cook till inside. Your Moong dal Phulkis-No Fry are ready. Keep them aside.
- How to make the Dahi/ Curd Ready: In 1.5 cup Dahi, add sugar and cream. Beat well to ensure no lumps and smooth texture. In case the dahi is too thick add milk for the right consistency. The dahi for chaat should be thick and not too runny.
- Assembly: Put phulki in the serving bowl. Pour the dahi over. Sprinkle coriander mint chutney, then tamarind chutney. Add finely chopped onions and finely chopped ginger.
- You may add coriander leaves and mint leaves too. Then add some Namkeen (All-in-One or Navratan Mixture) on top. Add salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, and bhuna jeera. Serve cold.
Adding Navratan Namkeen or All in one Namkeen (Haldiram or any other brand) is important as it adds to the flavour of the dish.
Thnk you for this no fry chaat ❤️.its awesome will surely try and let u know 👍
Recipes & You says
Thank You, Juhi. Am sure you’ll love it.