Colocasia Rolls | Pithod recipe | Patra recipe | Arbi ke Patte ke Pakode recipe is a healthy, high fibre and Gluten free recipe. A Step-by-Step recipe with pictures. Also known as Taro Leaves, they are rich in Vitamin A and also contain adequate quantities of Vitamins C, B, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folate, Manganese, Copper, Potassium, and Iron.
1. What is Colocasia Leaf Rolls / Taro Leaf Rolls?
2. How to make Arbi ke Patte ke Pakode / Colocasia Leaf Rolls?
3. What can be made from Arbi / Colocasia / Taro root?
4. Other Popular Snack on the Blog.
What is Colocasia Leaf Rolls / Taro Leaf Rolls/ Arbbi ke Patte?
Colocasia rolls are delicious rolls made with smearing colocasia or Taro or Arbi leaves with Besan / Gram Flour mixed with ginger garlic and spices. Colocasia leaves are green-colored heart-shaped leaves of the plant which is rich in many nutrients. In India, it called Arbi. It is a vegetable that is nutritious and has a variety of delicious recipes.
I have home-grown these vegetables and leaves. It is such a pleasure to cook from your own garden. These leaves take time to grow but it is worth the wait. Since I grew them in a medium-sized pot, so the leaves were not so big.
How to make Arbi ke Patte ke Pakode / Colocasia Leaf Rolls?
The colocasia rolls are made by first washing the leaves clean. Then we need to remove the center nerve. Make a mixture of gram flour/ Besan mixed with spices and seeds. Apply this mixture on the leaves one by one. Start placing the leaves applied with the besan mixture one after another in an alternate direction. Then we roll this leaf stack into one roll. Secure it with a toothpick. Steam this for 20 min or till done in the steamer. Use a knife to check if the center is done. Then cut the roll into pieces. We then shallow fry these pieces in the pan. Once cooked well on both sides, serve them hot with Green Chutney or Tamarind Chutney.
What can be made from Arbi / Colocasia / Taro root?
Other Popular Snacks on the Blog:
|6 pieces||5 min|
Colocasia Rolls or Taro leaf rolls better known as Arbi Ke Patte Ke Pakore or Patode are cutlets made from arbi leaf smeared with besan flour mixed with spices. Steamed and fried to make delicious cutlets.
- 1/2 cup Besan / Gram flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp Gur Jaggery adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp imli paste optional
- 5-6 Arbi/ Colocasia/Taro root leaves
- 4-5 tbsp cooking oil for shallow frying
- In a bowl add besan. Now add salt, red chili powder.
- Add Ajwain, Gur, water and imli paste. Mix well and now ready the leaves.
- Wash the leaves. Cut the main central nerve. Now start applying the paste. Take one leaf, put the arrow down and apply the paste. Now place the other leaf in the opposite direction. Repeat the process till all leaves done. Roll this bundle of leaves.
- Steam the roll in a steamer for 20-25 min. After 10 min roll it over to cook on another side. Steam till done. Check by piercing a knife inside. If the knife comes out clean. Then cut into pieces.
- Take a pan, add 2 tbsp oil and fry on simmer till golden brown on both sides. Serve hot with Coriander Mint Chutney / Tamarind Chutney / Amchoor chutney.
- I made this recipe with 5 small-sized colocasia leaves as shown in the picture above. If you buy it from the market, they are generally big in size. In that case, just double the proportion of Besan mixture.
- If you like spicy, you may add green chili paste to the besan mixture. Also, increase the red chili powder as per your taste.
- Make sure the Pathod is steamed and cooked completely as half-cooked must not be eaten.
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.
Recipes & You says
Thanks a lot, Ashok. Glad you liked it.