No-Fry Veg Manchurian with Chili Garlic Noodles | Perfect Dinner recipe | Vegan is a super easy recipe with delicious authentic Chinese flavors and The Manchurian balls are No-Fry! A step-by-step recipe with pictures. With this recipe, I will share some easy ways to make Chinese cuisine at home. Loaded with veggies and a delicious and easy way to make chili garlic Noodles to go with it. Perfect Lunch or Dinner recipe. #Lunchrecipe #Dinnerrecipe.
- How to make perfect No-Fry Manchurian Balls and easy Manchurian sauce?
- Pro tips
- Other popular Chinese and Other recipes on the blog?
How to make perfect authentic Veg- Manchurian -No-Fry:
Chinese and Indian Chinese cuisine are different from each other. Where authentic Chinese is mostly steamed, seasoned with only salt or no salt sometimes. Indian Chinese is much more flavorful. It has all the flavors sweet, sour, tangy, pungent and chili. Its a burst of flavors. And this recipe is one such too. Some people avoid making it at home as its a task to cut those precise chopped vegetables and is too time consuming. But not anymore! Get one of the manual chopper like these: I have this and making Chinese was never easy. You can perfectly chop your vegetables in this.
So once you have your vegetables finely chopped , nearly half the work is done. Then just add spices and follow the steps to make a delicious Veg- Manchurian- No-Fry recipe.
Check out the Recipe-Card for step-by-step pictures and process to make this delicious recipe at home.
- Do not add too much cornflour or maida to the vegetables, as it tends to make the balls too hard.
- Instead of frying the balls, I made the balls in the Appe pan / Paniyaram pan. Very little oil is added to make Manchurian balls in this pan so making the balls low calorie and healthy.
- Add veggies in the gravy too and get a shortcut to make the gravy easily in no time.
- Before adding water to the veggies for Manchurian balls, add salt. The veggies will release water, and you’ll have a better idea of how much water to be added for a thick binding consistency.
- For Manchurian balls either add: Maida +arrowroot powder or add cornflour powder.
- For the Manchurian gravy, mix prior to cooking in a bowl: Soy sauce +tomato ketchup+Red chili sauce + water.
Other Popular Recipes on the Blog:
|5 ppl||10 min|
No-Fry Veg Manchurian with Chili Garlic Noodles |Perfect Dinner recipe| Vegan is an easy and quick recipe of Veg Manchurian with no-fry Manchurian balls.
- 1 cup cabbage finely chpped
- 1/2 cup green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Beans finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cornflour / Arrowroot powder
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour Maida
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 spring onion white
- 1 capsicum Green Capsicum Yellow Capsicum Cabbage Onion Spring Onion Carrots green part for garnish
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 350 gms Hakka noodles Or Egg Noodles (i used chings 3 packet)
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 cup cabbage sliced
- 2 green capsicum sliced / Juliennes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder or 1 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 spring onion greens for garnish
- Begin with, 1. Preps for Noodles: Keep water to boil the noodles in a deep pan. Add salt and oil to it. This will take time. Meanwhile do step 2-> 2. Chopp vegetables for Manchurian balls, sauce, and Noodles. For Manchurian, you need finely chopped. You may use a chopper (non-electric) to make it easy. and for Noodles, you need onion, capsicum, cabbage julienned or sliced. keep the spices near the counter for quick working. 3. Prepare Soy Sauce Mix: In a bowl, mix together soya sauce+tomato ketchup +red chili sauce +3 tbsp jaggery powder+ salt + pepper powder + 1 cup water. Keep this aside, we need this mix for the Manchurian sauce later. 4. Make a cornflour slurry with 2 tbsp cornflour and 1/2 cup water. Keep aside (Need to thicken the Manchurian sauce)
- Take all the chopped vegetables in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except water and mix well. Add cornflour, maida, spices.
- Once you add salt, the veggies will release water. After that you add a little water for consistency. The batter has to be thick to make balls. Make balls and put each in one cavity in a greased Appe / Paniyaram pan. Cook on both sides till golden brown. Keep them aside. Now while these are cooking in a pan. Ready the sauce.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add spring onion and garlic minced. (you may use garlic powder if available.) Saute for a few seconds. Add cabbage and capsicum. Saute for few seconds. Add the soy sauce mix prepared in a bowl (shown in step 3 above). Mix well and add 1.5 cups water more (250 ml). Stir well. Add the cornflour slurry prepared now. Mix well and keep stirring till the sauce thickens a bit. Now, add the Manchurian balls and mix again. Bring to one boil and shut the flame. Garnish with spring onion greens (finely chopped). Serve hot.
- I added the jaggery later, but you can add it in the sauce itself. Add water, slurry, and stir. Boil till sauce thickens. Then add the Manchurian balls and bring them to one boil. Shut the flame and serve hot. Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Above in step one, we had put in water to boil for Noodles. Once the water comes to boil, boil the noodles till done. Sprinkle some oil and mix well to allow a non-sticky texture.
- Now, for Making the Noodles. Heat oil. Add onions. Cook till brown. Add capsicum and cabbage. Saute til soft. Add all the spices (red chili, onion powder, garlic powder, salt black pepper powder). Mix well. Ad 2 tbsp red chili sauce. Mix well. Shut the flame and then add 1 tbsp vinegar. Mix well and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with spring onions greens.
Leave a Reply