Kothimbir Vadi | Kothimbir Cutlets | Gluten-Free Snack | Vegan Recipe. A step-by-step picture recipe. A healthy, Gluten-free, Vegan snack made with Gram Flour and Coriander leaves. It’s a steamed snack.
Kothimbir Vadi | Kothimbir Cutlets are a perfect tea-time snack. Good for Brunch too. It’s a very popular Maharashtrian snack. ‘Kothimbir’ means coriander in Marathi. Made with Gram flour mixed with spices and seeds, coriander leaves, ginger-garlic paste, green chili paste, lemon juice, peanuts, hing, and raising agent. Sugar added to perfectly balance the flavors. Steamed and pan-seared to get the perfect flavor of this simple dish with amazing flavors.
How to Make Kothimbir Vadi / Cutlets:
- In a bowl, take Besan. Add Kothimbir / Coriander leaves to it.
- Add all the spices, ginger-garlic-green chili paste, crushed peanuts.
- Add 1/2 tsp soda-bi-carb.
- Add sugar. Mix well.
- Add water and make a batter. The batter should not be too flowy.
- Put insides a prepared steamer and cook until done. Check by inserting a knife in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Take it out of the steamer and rest on a rack.
- Let it cool down a bit. Cut pieces into a desirable shape. (Circles, rectangles, square or diamond)
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds ( i like mustard seeds flavor better if you wish you can replace it with jeera seeds).
- Add hing and now start putting Kothimbir Vadi steamed cakes to pan-sear. Cook on both sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with Green Coriander Chutney or Sweet Tamarind sauce. My personal favorite chutney is Sweet Chili Sauce.
Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut powder and serve with green chili pickle.
Other Popular Snack on the Blog :
- Dal Pakwan-Baked recipe | Sindhi Snack | Low Fat | Vegan
- Jack & the Bean stock-healthy snack recipe
- Dal Baati Churma | Baked |Lesser Calories
- Cajun Potato | Cajun Spiced Potato | With Homemade mayonnaise and cajun spice| Barbeque Nation style
- SAMOSA-BAKED RECIPES | Vegan recipe
- Masala Sandwich recipe |Mumbai Masala Sandwich-Chaat Flavor
- Fudgy Brownies |Best homemade Fudgy Brownies |with Vegan Variation
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Moong Dal/Green Gram Pakoras (Fritters)
- Broccoli Poha Idli |Broccoli Poha Steamed Savory Cakes