Punjabi lobia / black-eyed peas is an easy recipe. A simple gravy based recipe goes well with roti or rice. A popular Punjabi recipe part of the weekly meals. A pulse with amazing health benefits.
Some of the health Benefits of Lobia:
- Manages and controls blood cholesterol levels.
- Maintains blood sugar levels.
- Treats stomach issues.
- Good for weight loss
- Keeps skin healthy
- Fights hair loss.
There are many more benefits that are credited to this amazing pulse.
There are many recipes for lobia. But this one is the best as it not only gives a lovely color but also combines wonderfully with the flavors of the lobia pulse.
How to prepare this recipe:
- Soak the lobia peas for 15 minutes.
- Make the onion tomato gravy as the recipe below with the selective spices which enhance the flavor of the lobia pulse.
- Add the lobia peas and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame till one whistle and then on simmer up to 2-3 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Rice or Roti.
Lobia masala is one such recipe you’ll never get bored with. Although it is one of the pulses like chickpeas and black peas but has a distinct flavor of its own. Easy to digest and its amazing health and nutritional benefits make it a part of every household’s daily meal plan.
Lobia cooked in a spiced onion tomato gravy. Once you make it, you will surely make it again. It tastes delicious with both roti and rice. Can be cooked either for Lunch or Dinner.
Some other recipes on the blog are:
- Kala chana masala ashtami prasad recipe
- Ghiya | Lauki Sabzi recipe | Bottle-gourd in Tomato Gravy | Ayurvedic benefits
- Langarwali Dal | Temple Dal | Langar Dal |How to make lentil made at the Indian Temples
- Kamal Kakdi Aloo Sabzi | Aloo bhein sabzi | Lotus stem and Potato curry
- Aloo choliya recipe | Fresh green chickpeas curry recipe
- Matar Paneer | Cottage cheese and peas gravy
- Chana Dal Khichdi | Spiced Lentil Rice
- Shahi Aloo Gobi | Cauliflower Curry |How to make the best Shahi Gobi at home
- Rajma Masala | Rajma Masala -restaurant style
- Recipe Flax seed Sauce / Alsi ki Chutney
- Moong Dal Cheela |Easy Lentil Crepes | Vegan and gluten recipe free with indo italian filling
- Kachnar Phool recipe | Bauhinia Flower |How to make kachnar phool sabzi
Some Rice Recipes to go along:
- Paneer Biryani | Authentic Mughlai Biryani |Easy everyday recipe
- Black pepper rice/Pilaf -Kali Mirch