Famous Haridwar Moong Dal Chaat Recipe
Special Moong Dal Chaat is made with Yellow Lentil / Moong Dhuli Dal cooked and mixed with delicious toppings with sweet, sour, tangy, and chili flavor. A complete meal and a delicious snack. Healthy and High protein snack. Perfect for Breakfast, Snack, and Dinner.
1. What is Moong Dal Chaat?
2. Variations with Moong Dal / Yellow Lentil ?
3. How to make Moong Dal Chaat ?
4. Other popular Chaat Recipe and Lentil recipes on the Blog.
What is Moong Dal Chaat?
A famous chaat from the city of Haridwar. Popular street food and a delicious salad or chaat or snack. You may serve as you like with little variations. A perfect combo of protein-rich lentils and rich spices along with sauces adding to its flavors. One of the most significant benefits of moong dal is its role in facilitating weight loss. Moong lentil is packed with fiber and plant-based protein, which are known to help reduce weight. Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Practitioner Shilpa Arora, says, “Moong Dal is extremely light and high on protein.
Variations with Moong Dal / Yellow Lentil ?
Serve as a Salad: Just add chopped tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, spices, lemon juice, and a bit of oil. Mix well and serve it as a salad.
Serve as Chaat: Mix the moong dal with chopped onions, ginger, spices, lemon juice, and sauces and garnish with coriander leaves. A perfectly sweet, tangy, sour, and spicy flavor to please your palate.
Moong Dal Sabzi: The popular North Indian Moong Dal dry fry. Easy preparation and quick to make. Boil the moong dal and temper it with fried onions and tomato masala. Perfect Lunch or Dinner recipe.
Moong Dal Kachori , Moong Dal Samosa.
How to make Moong Dal Chaat?
It’s the simplest and healthiest Chaat Recipe I have tried and fell in love with.
Steps to make Moong Dal Chaat:
- Boil the dal. 1:1 ration. 1 cup dal and 1 cup water. Remeber the water should be just enough or equal level to the dal. Just cook for 1 whistle and shut the flame.
- Assemble the chaat In a deep bowl, add dal, onions chopped, imli chutney, mint chutney, salt, chaat masala and red chili powder. Add lemon juice as per taste preference. Mix well and serve in the dish. Top it with dry red chili fried and crushe (optional). Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.