Kachumbar Raita recipe is a simple and easy recipe to make with the refreshing flavor of mint. This is a step-by-step easy recipe with pictures. Make it for Lunch or Dinner with any Indian or Mediterranean cuisine. Made with finely chopped onion, tomato and cucumber, and spices, and creamy yogurt with a dash of mint to give that refreshing flavor.Made specially with meat and chicken recipes with robust and spicy flavors to give a balance to the heat of spices.
This is a popular north Indian yogurt dish served with most Rice, Vegetable, Dal, and chapati dishes. A popular yogurt dish served at Lunchtime and dinner too. Its compliments most north Indian dishes.
Try some lovely combos like:
Shahi Aloo Gobi + Amritsari Kulcha +Kachumbar Raita + Simple salad.
Chicken Biryani + Kachumbar Raita + Salad ( Boondi Salad)
Paneer Biryani + Kachumbar Raita + Salad (Raw Papaya Salad ) + Pickles (Carrot-Turnip-Cauliflower Pickle -sweet-sour)
Amritsari Kulcha + Kachumbar Raita + Lemon Pickle and Onion salad.
Malai Kofta + Tandoori Roti + Kachumbar Raita +Pickle
- Dal Makhni+ Amritsari Kulcha +Kachumbar Raita + Pickle and salad.
Jackfruit Biryani / Kathal Biryani + Kachumbar Raita + Salad + Green Chutney.
Other Popular Raita Recipes on the Blog:
- 1 cup Thick yoghurt
- 1/2 cup water for consistency
- 1/4 cup cucumber finely chopped with skin
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder/ bhuna jeera
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 Dry red chilies
- Beat the curd well. Add a little water for consistency. This raita is thick and not very flowy so add little water at a time. Make a creamy thick texture. Add chopped onions and then chopped cucumber, keep the skin.
- Add tomatoes ( remove the seeds inside). Mix well Tempering: Heat oil, add dry red chili, and red chili powder. Add this tempering to the raita.
- Sprinkle some bhuna jeera / roasted cumin powder. Garnish with coriander powder. Chil a bit in the fridge before serving.
Combines best with: Chicken Biryani, Kathal Biryani, Kali Mirch Pilaf, Mutton Biryani, Pindi Chana, Aloo Wadiyan. Compliments most Indian curries and Biryani recipes.
Leave a Reply