Idli Sambar Recipe | Easy Sambar | Instant Rava Idli recipe with Chutney is a perfect recipe for everyday cooking. Easy, Simple, and quick preparation. The flavors are simple but delicious. Authentic South Indian flavors in no time. You will learn how to make Instant Rava Idli, Sambar, and Coconut chutney recipes. Also, learn how to make the red dosa chutney served in restaurants.
This is a simple everyday meal recipe. We make this once a week. The Rava Idli is made with Idli-Rava, which is quick to make and comes out super soft and delicious. I have not used the ordinary wheat-semolina for this recipe. But, Idli-Rava, which is a special Rava only for making Idlis. You may get this Idli-Rava anywhere in the market or search @Bigbasket.
Tips to make soft Rava Idlis:
- Soak the rava+poha +dahi for at least 1/2- 1 hour before steaming.
- Adding Dahi/curd make the Idlis softer and adds a slight sour flavor to it, which usually comes with fermentation.
- Adding 1 tbsp coconut oil to the batter makes it rise while steaming and also keeps the moisture intact.
- Wash the Poha properly to make it soft and clean before adding to the batter.
How to make the perfect and quick sambar.
This Sambar recipe is easy and quick to prepare. But the flavors match that of a restaurant. Its flavors are mild, less spicy, and light for digestion. So, if you prefer spicy, you may add some more as per your taste.
Secret Tip for Better flavors:
- Wash and Soak the Arhar dal for 15-20 minutes before cooking(Pressure cooking).
- Remove the water and fill fresh water for boiling.
- Boil the dal with salt, turmeric and ginger powder.
- Cook on high flame for one whistle. Then reduce the flame and cook for another 2-3 whistles.
- Let it sit till the steam if released.
- For better flavors, use coconut oil instead of a regular refined oil.
- Heat coconut oil. Add onions and cook until golden brown. Add Gheeya/Loki chopped to this. Cook until soft. Then (secret tip)- add pureed tomatoes (tomatoes +garlic) to this mix and cook on simmer. Add salt, sambar powder and coriander powder to this mix. Cook until oil separates, or for 5-7 min to simmer.
- Add this tempering to the sambar and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- For final tempering: heat coconut oil. Add rai (small) + sarson(big) + dry red chili + Hing + Curry leaves, and add this to the sambar.
- Cook the sambar for 5 minutes for the flavors to blend well. Shut the flame and serve hot.
How to make Instant Coconut chutney and Red Dosa Chutney.
Click on the (Recipe Name) Picture to get the recipe.
For Simple Instant Coconut chutney, click on the link: Instant Coconut Chutney with Dosa and Idli.